Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Enchanted" Is Fake

On family vacation one of the movies my kids watched while I drove was Enchanted, with Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey. I've watched this movie before with my kids, and I hate to tell you, but: Enchanted is FAKE.
There's a couple of things that clued me in. First off, recall the morning after the first night Giselle stayed over at Robert's apartment. There is no way she could clean the entire apartment, take a shower, and make a new dress in so short a time, even with the help of the local city wildlife. Women just don't get ready for the day that quickly. Fake. And also, did you notice how Robert's girlfriend, Nancy, encouraged him to kiss Giselle as the clock struck midnight, to see if maybe it was true love between them? Women are very jealous creatures! Women I know get very jealous of other women that their boyfriends/husbands don't even care about! There is no way a woman would want her boyfriend to kiss someone else, even if it was to save her life. Fake.

So there you have it. Enchanted might be an entertaining family film, but it is FAKE.