Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Jumper" Is Fake

Jumper is a movie about a young girl (played by AnnaSophia Robb) who is given a snow ball as a gift by a young boy just before he has an accident in which she believes he dies, only to find out 8 years later that he actually survived the accident.

I watched this movie last night for the first time, and it took a while for me to determine whether it was fake. I finally clued in to it when a couple of the other characters (called "jumpers") went to a secret hideout in the middle of the Sahara desert. And when I looked around the hideout, I realized: "There is no sand anywhere in this hideout!"

Do you know how windy it is in the Sahara desert? Well, me neither, but I'm willing to imagine it gets pretty windy there sometimes. And that would blow sand all over everything, including secret hideouts. It should have had thin layers of sand all over everything.

And that's when I figured it out. "Jumper" = FAKE.